* Minimize food waste by sending home leftovers or sharing leftovers with shut-ins and local pantries or shelters
* Encourage individuals and families to set aside one meal a week as a “hunger awareness” meal. Consider sending money that would have been spent on that particular meal to an organization that helps those who are hungry.
* Participate in an offering of letters to elected government leaders concerning issues of food, hunger, and public health
Bread for the World: www.bread.org
* Make reusable grocery bags with the church logo, or invite the youth of the congregation to decorate reusable bags. Encourage people to keep these bags in their cars, purses, or bike pockets.
* Plant a community garden on church grounds instead of chemically treated landscaping. Share the produce with local food banks. HYPERLINK "http://www.communitygarden.org" www.communitygarden.org
* Become a drop off point for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). Encourage members to participate. www.localharvest.org